1. Scope of our Service – Information on the Site
Through the Site, Discoverfun provides an online platform through which you can browse different types of tours and packages. We will indicate the acceptance of your booking via an e-mail confirmation. We reserve the right to reject bookings as set out below.
2. Use of the Site
- use the Site or its contents for any non-authorized commercial purpose;
- make any speculative, false, or fraudulent booking;
- access, monitor or copy any content or information of the Site using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express prior written permission;
- violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on the Site or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to the Site;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- deep-link to any portion of the Site (including, without limitation, purchase paths) for any purpose without our express prior written permission;
- re-sell, use, copy, monitor (e.g. spider, scrape), display, download or reproduce any content or information, software, products or services available on the Site for any commercial or competitive activity or purpose;
- “frame”, “mirror” or otherwise incorporate any part of the Site into any other website without our prior written authorization;
- deliver any unlawful (according to any and all applicable laws or regulations) postings to or through the Site, or any postings which advocate illegal activity;
- deliver, or provide links to, any postings containing material that could be considered harmful, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, violent, abusive, profane, racist, discriminating, insulting, threatening, tortuous, harassing, hateful or otherwise objectionable;
- deliver or provide links to, any postings containing defamatory, slanderous, false or libelous material;
- deliver any posting that infringes or violates any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person, including, without limitation, copyrights, patents, trademarks, laws governing trade secrets, rights to privacy, or publicity;
- deliver any posting that you do not have a right to make available under law or contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- impersonate another person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, or adopt a false identity if the purpose of doing so is to mislead, deceive, or defraud another;
- manipulate identifiers, including by forging headers, in order to disguise the origin of any posting that you deliver;
- use the Site in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair or otherwise interfere with the use of the Site or other users’ computer equipment, or cause damage, disruption or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, any related website, other accounts, computer system, or networks connected to the Site, through hacking, password mining, or any other means;
- obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Site, including harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others such as email addresses;
- engage in any deceptive practices intended to manipulate the organic Search Engine Results Page (SERP) or employ search engine optimization (“SEO”) techniques considered to be against common search engine guidelines. SEO practices considered unethical, or “black hat” (aka “spamdexing”) include, though are not limited to cloaking, meta data and title tags, content scraping, link schemes, Google bombs, keyword stuffing, hidden text and links, doorway and cloaked pages, link farming or schemes, blog comment spam, etc.; or
- do anything else which could cause damage to the Site, the Discoverfun Promotions Inc. and their employees, Discoverfun’s reputation, or would otherwise have a negative impact.
Unless otherwise expressly permitted, websites may not hyperlink to any page beyond the homepage of the Site or frame the Site or any web page or material herein, nor may any entity hyperlink any aspect of the Site in an email for commercial purposes without the express written permission of Discoverfun. By making a reservation on the Site, you represent and warrant that you are not covered by any international sanction program.
3. Additional Charges
A. Additional Charges Please note that all prices on the Site are for Package Tours or Booking only and subject to the inclusions stated for the requested stay dates and for the number of people indicated, unless indicated otherwise. The Package Tours and Booking rates are displayed per person. Except where indicated otherwise, Discoverfun will typically display the rate inclusive of tax and service charges on the Site. Without prejudice to what is set out below, you will see the total inclusive price prior to confirming your booking on the last booking page (before the final confirmation screen). Please verify every step of your reservation on the booking form; you can discontinue the booking at any time prior to the final confirmation screen (please see below for post-booking cancellations). What is included in the rate is displayed on the Site and/or in the confirmation email/voucher. Breakfast is typically included unless explicitly stated otherwise. Please verify the Hotel description or policies on the Site. Insurance of any kind is never included in the rates. The Hotel or partner establishments may also refuse to accept additional persons if not duly informed in advance. Please note that certain Hotels or partner establishments may charge you a so-called additional but mandatory “resort fee” (or similar) for the use of certain of their services. This resort fee is typically not included in the price, but it will be mentioned in the description on the Site. Please check the “Booking Conditions”, “Cancellation Policy” or similar wording on the Site. When in doubt whether something is included, you can contact our Customer Service team. Hotel transportation or transfer fee is an add-on option subject to a charge on top of the package rate. B. Currency Conversion The currency converter is provided for your convenience. Package Tours and Booking rates provided in a currency other than the currency displayed on the Site are converted to the displayed currency at a rate determined by Discoverfun. The currency and amount you see displayed on the final booking page is the amount Discoverfun will charge your credit card. Discoverfun reserves the right to convert and charge this amount in your credit card currency. Your bank may impose additional fees on the transaction, over which Discoverfun has no control. Please note that exchange rates fluctuate daily.
A Word on Charges and Fees In connection with facilitating your Package Tours and Booking transaction, the charge to your credit card may include a charge for fees (“Fees”) unless indicated otherwise. This charge includes an estimated amount to recover the amount we pay to the Hotel or partner establishment in connection with your booking for fees owed by the Hotel or partner establishment. The amount paid to the Hotel or partner establishment in connection with your booking may vary from the amount we estimate and include in the charge to you. The balance of the charge for Fees, if any, is a fee we retain as part of the compensation for our services and to cover the costs of your booking including, for example, customer service costs. If the balance is negative, we will absorb such difference. The charge for Fees varies based on a number of factors including, without limitation, the amount we pay the Hotel and partner establishment.
5. Credit card – Payment – Age – Fraud
For pre-paid bookings with Discoverfun your credit card will be charged by Discoverfun for the full price (sometimes without any option for refund depending on the Hotel’s booking conditions, see below) upon reservation and confirmation of the booking. Please check the details thoroughly for any such conditions prior to making your booking. Discoverfun will process refunds, if and when applicable, within a reasonable timeframe. In order to safeguard and encrypt your credit card information when in transit to us, we use the “Secure Socket Layer (SSL)” technology for our services. In the event of credit card fraud or unauthorized use of your credit card by third parties, you should contact your bank or card issuer immediately upon becoming aware of such unauthorized use. If you suspect an unauthorized or fraudulent booking was made via Discoverfun, please contact our Customer Service team immediately. In order to make a booking you must be over 18 years old (or the age of majority in those countries and territories where it is higher than 18) and have the full legal capacity to make the transaction (or have the authorization from your legal guardian). You undertake that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the transaction. You accept financial responsibility for all transactions made under your name or account. You undertake that the details you provide us with in making a booking are fully correct. Discoverfun reserves the right not to accept certain credit cards. Discoverfun may add or remove other payment methods at its discretion. We have stringent fraud detection and prevention mechanisms in place. In certain cases, we may require additional information or verifications to validate and confirm the booking, as explained in more detail on the Site. Reservations are not confirmed until you have received a confirmation mail with a voucher and it is possible that a Hotel or partner establishment could become fully booked during the fraud check, in which case the booking will no longer be available. Discoverfun can never be held liable in such cases. Additional information submitted will be treated in line with strict industry standards to protect privacy, using encryption for transmission and specialized agents for verification. If you choose not to submit the additional information, the booking will not be completed and fully cancelled.
6. Booking conditions – Cancellations, No-Shows – Special Needs
By making a booking on our Site, you accept and agree to the relevant Hotel and partner establishment booking conditions, including cancellation and no-show policies applicable to that booking, and to any additional (delivery) terms and conditions of the Hotel or partner establishment that may apply to your booking or during your stay, including for services rendered and/or products offered by the Hotel or partner establishment. The general cancellation and no-show policy of each Hotel or partner establishment is made available on the Site at the check-out page, “Cancellation Policies” or the like, and in the confirmation email and voucher. Please note that you may be charged for your cancellation in accordance with the Hotel or partner establishment’s cancellation and no-show policy, in some cases for the entire stay or the first night. We recommend that you read the cancellation and no-show policy of the Hotel or partner establishment carefully prior to making your booking. If you fail to check in to your Hotel or Partner Establishment on time on the day of your booking and do not alert us, your booking may be canceled and you may not be entitled to a refund, depending on the terms and conditions of Discoverfun. Regardless of the cancellation policy, Discoverfun reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee, this will be indicated on the Site. Please carefully check the details thoroughly for any such conditions prior to making your booking. If you wish to review, adjust or cancel your booking, please revert to the information displayed in the FAQ and follow the instructions therein, or contact Customer Service. Special Needs: If you have special needs (e.g., wheelchair accessible room) you must contact Customer Service and verify that special needs can be met. Please note that all special requests are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed by Discoverfun.
8. About Discoverfun – FAQs
All of our services are rendered by Discoverfun Promotions Inc., which is a private limited liability company, incorporated under the laws of the Philippines and having its registered office at N. Bacalso Ave., Cebu City, Philippines and registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of the Philippines under company registration number CS201326566.